Monday, October 4, 2010

My Alarm Failed

Today I woke up late but (thankfully) with fifteen minutes to spare before my meeting with BA Journalism Course Director Stephen Something. I've forgotten already and since I left my packet of papers in the grocery store I doubt I'll be remembering anytime soon. It was lucky that I actually woke up when it was still morning because I'm knackered. Last week was exhausting but I can't seem to put my finger on why...

Thursday night I went to Debut with a million other UAL students and we were up substantially late grooving and whatnot. Friday Maxine, Nuria and I went to the Cheese and Wine Night at the student bar on High Holborn (that's right, my school has a bar - two, actually). Saturday was a long day, I suppose. Maxine and Nuria and I set off to go to the Cultural Fayre on High Holborn but we kept getting distracted along the way. First we ran into the L.A. Lakers and then we ran into an interesting exhibit. We also found a Belgium Restaurant but we didn't stop there... We finally made it though and got henna tattoos and Krispy Kreme and headed home. Later there was a flat party during which I debated Anglicanism v. Catholicism for like four hours. Literally, that's all I did until 4 a.m. It was fun though. Then on Sunday I skipped the Sports Day since it was raining and the football club said they weren't coming out. I went to bed pretty early as well since I was supposed to get up early and run. I didn't which means Maxine and I will be headed to Hyde Park as soon as she is finished with her orientation day.

I party like a rockstar.
Matching flatmate tats. Good idea, no?
Those are Lakers. Famous people.
Hardy har har

My orientation day was rather short and informal. I met with the course director and two other international students (there are only two, isn't that odd?) and we were carted around LCC getting acquainted with our surroundings. I'll probably end up earning around 15 credits this semester which isn't bad. I don't have all of the information yet but from what I heard today, classes will be on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Classes are once a week and they start in a week. There are about 40 students in my particular course so we'll be split in half and squeezed into classes that way. Unfortunately my last class will probably be Friday afternoon (due to my membership status in the alphabet ghetto) which means traveling will have to be squeezed into a few weekend trips.

Another bummer is that our grades are entirely dependent upon one assignment that we turn in at the end of the course. Cue much stress on my part. Especially concerning my production class since I've never really been on that end of a camera. Argh. Fingers crossed though and hopefully I'll meet more knowledgeable people on Wednesday when the rest of my course is present for orientation happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment