Saturday, October 16, 2010

It Is Raining Again. And Cold.

First week of school: done. I can't say I was very impressed with my classes but the level of attention given to such small, small details was impressive. Who ever thought that there would be a class solely devoted to sub-editing? Or that said class would be over two hours long? Two full hours of looking at symbols to denote where there should be full stops or where text should be italicized. This was my Friday class, though, so I'm getting ahead of myself.

Tuesday was a lovely day off. I had a nice long run and I'm not sure what else happened. I need to buy a planner so that I remember what my plans are (past and present). Anyways, Wednesday was a busy day. I hiked all the way over to Edgware Road (about an hour and a half, but I got turned around sometime before getting to Hyde Park) and picked up some laundry from Sarah and hit Primark for some £4 sweaters. Which reminds me that Gap is having a 75% off sale and that would probably help my current situation. My current situation is not really owning any cold weather clothes. I have coats for really cold weather and sweaters for mild weather but nothing in between. Clearly, I'm unprepared for the next few months. Unfortunately, since it took me so long to get over to Sarah's there would have been no way for me to make it back to LCC for my film seminar. Therefore, I missed my film seminar. Which is a shame because it will probably be my only interesting class.

Thursday's class could be called mildly interesting and it's the only course where I've actually been given work to do. That being said, stand by for email or skype interviews! I need to write a couple of feature stories! I'm not sure my brain is up to it - I haven't seriously written anything for months. Fantastic! Thursday I remember being extremely exhausted and passing out for about 4 hours sometime in the late afternoon. Then I remember waking up and hanging with the flatmates for another good two hours before heading back to bed! I woke up on Friday much refreshed. The refreshed feeling didn't last long though, due to the aforementioned class. Boohoo.

Friday afternoon was much better since Sarah and I decided to stalk Johnny Depp! For all of you that were unaware, Johnny is filming POTC 4 in London! For all of you who are not as savvy as I am, POTC 4 stands for Pirates of the Caribbean the fourth. Now you all can pretend to be as comfortable with movie abbreviations like I do. Unfortunately we did not manage to track down Mr. Depp (perhaps they were not filming that day) but Sarah and I had a lovely jaunt around the Old Royal Naval College and I took some pictures. I like the pictures a lot because every one of them reminds me of that story that begins: "It was a dark and stormy night..."

It was a dark and stormy night...
It was a darker and stormier night...
It was a really, really dark and really, really stormy night...

After we were finished thoroughly searching Greenwich for said actor, Sarah and I headed our respective ways. I just barely beat the rain home, took a little time to have a snack, and then headed out again for Oxford Street. Then I stayed up much too late drinking coffee, talking, laughing hysterically and having a good time in general. I did wake up around 10 a.m. this morning though which is respectable. However, it's raining outside and freezing so I'll decline to join the outside world and instead make tea and watch House. Oh and wait for my couch surfers to return from their football match. For the weekend I'm hosting two Americans who are traveling through London and needed a place to stay. This is in a vain attempt to get karma on my side so that I can stay with someone when I head to Liverpool at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment