Thursday, October 7, 2010

Free Drinks

One recurring theme in both my Wednesday and Thursday nights are free drinks. And by "recurring" I mean, this week on Wednesday and Thursday I got free drinks. It could become a grand tradition though.

Yesterday, Maxine and I trooped to Queensway Bowling Alley, Ice Skating Rink and Bar. They also served gelato which is definitely worth mentioning. That was one all-inclusive edifice. After (almost) skating like a pro, (almost) getting run over by rugby players and (almost) making a complete fool of myself (not to mention getting gelato), I then headed to the bar whose name I forget. What I do remember is that Max and I walked in, cased the joint, headed upstairs and realized that the Phillies were on TV. The only thing I could think of was that Dennis would be happy they were winning. Then I wanted to immediately find some growing grass to watch or paint drying because either would be infinitely more entertaining than baseball. Luck was with us though because Adam Richardson (I'm saying his full name because I'm a creep) introduced himself to us and bought us both a pint. As it turns out he dabbles in breakdancing and he entertained us for most of the night and, since he was such an entertaining person, Max and I hunted through Facebook until we found him later that night. Stalkers.

Snowcial!

Today also turned out quite well. Again, I went out into the wild with Maxine - this time to Urban Outfitters. They were having quite a hefty sale and all students got 20% off merchandise in addition. To our delight, they were also handing out goody bags and cider. It definitely pays to be a student in London! I now have two free scarves, a pair of sunglasses I will never wear, a bedazzled little wallet number and a clutch. For free. Not having to pay a cent. Not to mention the cider. I think life must only go downhill from here.
Snapping away during my busride...
Maxine with her loot.

Also, Maxine, Nuria, Sophie and I have become quite the card game aficionados but we are always trying to discover new and more fun ways to make us of a deck of cards. If anyone remembers any games that they want to pass along, please be my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment