Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Got Free Stuff! I Got Free Stuff!

This week = crazy.

Friday was Disco/Karaoke pub crawl. Saturday was some B.A. ERSing (until really late, it's a legitimate qualifier for crazy). Sunday was Skype-day so I got in touch with the folks. Monday started Freshers week and all the mad activities. Sophia and Nuria and I watched This Is England, a British drama film written and directed by Shane Meadows. It's about skinheads in 1983 before the entire subculture was adopted by the white nationalists. It was pretty awesome. After that we went to a book-binding shindig with Dil. I was less than impressed with folding pieces of paper and sewing them together. Afterwards I grabbed some tea and honey and went back to the flat to nurse my sore throat. Later, Sophie made dinner and then we all headed out to the Darkroom which was hot, sweaty and unnecessary.

Then on Tuesday the internationals of JMH headed out for our orientation. A couple of lectures illustrated that my listening skills are still on vacation and in no shape to start school next week. However, my walking skills are on par and I greatly enjoyed our tour of the City of London. Lots of neat history involved. Also the tour ended at a pub whereupon UAL's Study Abroad program bought the entire group a pint. Back at the ranch I had another therapeutic cuppa and settled down for a nice evening in with Maxine. Ended up asleep by midnight - great success!

This morning Maxine and I were out of the flat by noon and headed to the Big Fayre where we received lots of free stuff. We had to fight tooth and nail for the Urban Outfitters goody bags but consider it Maxine's baptism into the desperate world of university students. Upon organizing my goodies I've found many-a good coupon and planned my nights out for the rest of my life, it seems. Apparently there's a student get-together again tonight but as it is raining outside I'm less than inspired right now. Maybe later.

Disco night at the Elephant & Castle! Our sezzy D.J.
Some quality Egyptian Rat Screw for Nuria's birthday.
Playing some foozball at the Darkroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment