Monday, November 1, 2010

"Halloween" or "Why I can only hear out of one ear"

This is the Halloween post. In this post you can expect to see photos of my make up, my costume, my friends and the venue where we got down. All of this is way more interesting than the school aspect of my study abroad. Suffice it to say, I'm still less than impressed LCC.

This Halloween I was inspired by WWII-era nose art. Probably because I came across the following book while perusing the Imperial War Museum and thought, Gee, that would just be so perfect!
The sultry, pin-up version of Jane. With blonde hair.

However, after searching for possible costume material, I reconsidered and just bought something on the cheap side that I could possibly use again someday. So I morphed from somewhat pin-up to a sort of dirty pirate hooker (I never thought I'd get so much use out of knee-high leather boots). The important part was that everything was somewhat foam-proof and (although my make-up was ruined) my costume survived the night!

London is more fun than San Antonio because absolutely everyone rides the bus.

My date for the night - A Clockwork Orange-ish

Hugh Hefner and a bunny or two.

About fifty students from my building all piled onto the bus around 11:30 p.m. and jetted off to London Bridge, under which our venue was located. Debut is built into the tunnels underneath the underground/train station near London Bridge and it's huge. Which was good because I'm guessing there were more than 3,000 students there last night. Sick. There are more than five different rooms within Debut, all blaring their own music and featuring neon lights, foam cannons, and hot-tubs (if you're VIP). It's from standing in front of the speakers in the techno room that I am now deaf. In one ear. Maybe when my ears stop ringing I'll be able to hear properly again. Thank goodness I don't have class until Wednesday night!

Being silly in line for the cloakroom.

Picture I took while my eardrum was being perforated.

Lotsa neon lights and FOAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment