Monday, November 29, 2010

Barcelona FTW!

Well it has been quite the weekend of win and fail for me.

WIN: Thursday night it was Thanksgiving and tons of people showed up and tons of food showed up and I held a pineapple for the better part of an hour as an impromptu piece of modern art. If this doesn't scream "amazing Thanksgiving" to you I don't know what your problem is. Also, I knew Simon was that hench, masked dude in Misfits. I knew it.

Thanksgiving feast!!
My housewifeness likes to surface now and again.

FAIL: Friday my class was so boring I literally had to fight to stay awake. My palms firmly pressed against my face were the only things keeping my eyes open. I think that was my last class though as I will be in Ireland this Friday (win).

WIN: Cheng's friend Jon came to town and we had authenic Chinese food in London's Chinatown that was extremely on point. Hot tea = yums after walking around in freezing temperatures. Also, I nabbed a pair of soccer shoes for about £8. Here's to fitting into children's sizes!

The converted basketball court where we kick around.

FAIL: Apparently low-rise, straight-leg, light-wash jeans do not exist in London. I have no idea why this is such a phenomenal request to make of clothiers but apparently it is. Apparently I'm super-unstylish which is also full of fail. However, I did have a yummy burger with Adam so that was good.

These are all I'm asking for, really. Simple.

WIN: Chelsea almost lost to Newcastle which was inspiring, I had my first Sunday Roast at the pub, and 4/6 of my flat went ice skating at Somerset House! Which was phenomenal. It started snowing as we were leaving the rink. Ahhh, magical.

The gang doing some quality ice skating at Somerset House.

FAIL: Unfortunately, after leaving the rink I still had to write 1000 words worth of documentary proposal. I still don't know how to write a documentary proposal and I'm fairly certain I never will. Big waste of time and effort, Stephen, you're a terrible teacher. I'm holding onto the hope that 70% really does translate as an 'A' back home. That would be nice.

WIN: BARCELONA ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED REAL MADRID.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment