Monday, November 8, 2010

Domestic Goddess

I have just made chili. And cleaned the flat and my room (almost) in its entirety. I didn't do the dishes but they weren't my dishes to do so that is excused.

So now I am sitting in my clean room that smells vaguely of cinnamon and apples (yumm, smells like Christmas) enjoying a bowl of chili con carne which is arguably one of the best things to eat when it's chilly outside. Potato soup obviously trumps any other cold-weather meal but for arguments sake, chili is good too. I have a ton left over as well so we'll see how long I can stretch it. Perhaps next week I'll make potato soup and then those two plus my coffee can see me through the long, hard, five-weeks-worth-of winter that I'll be enjoying in London.

I'm not complaining much though because the trees have changed color and the city looks semi-decent. It'll be another story, of course, when the leaves all fall and everything just looks stark and depressing. But for now, this is what I'll be enjoying on my little jaunts around the city:

No comments:

Post a Comment